We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just twenty two years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 30 offices, 550 employees and revenues of $64m. Our success is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
To provide an effective and efficient finance transactional support to the central finance team, delivering a high level of service with company and legal requirements. This role will also involve supporting on specific finance projects and tasks.
- Finance Manager (UK) – line manager
- Global Finance Team
- General Managers, Associate and Account Directors (UK)
- External parties: suppliers and clients
Key responsibilities and tasks
Treasury and Cash Management
- Posts all incoming and outgoing cash for UK onto SAP
- Reconciles bank accounts to SAP on a weekly basis
- Ensures sufficient funds are available for payment of suppliers, taxes and monthly payroll
- Prepares and distribute the Daily Cash Flow Forecast reports
- Is a first point of contact for all cash queries
- Obtains approval for all purchase/supplier invoices and post onto SAP
- Reviews purchase ledger regularly and chases missing AP invoices
- Ensures timely payments are made to suppliers within credit terms each month
- Ensure supplier ledgers are fully reconciled on SAP
- Maintains and updates supplier ledgers with bank details regularly
- Reviews employees expenses and processes payment
- Reconciles and posts credit cards onto SAP each month
- Is a first point of contact for all accounts payable queries
- Drafts sales invoices for weekly projects and monthly retainers
- Obtains approval for draft sales invoices and post onto SAP
- Obtains approval for rechargeable invoices and post onto SAP
- Sends final sales invoices to clients
- Reviews and updates billing schedules
- Ensures customer ledgers are fully reconciled on SAP
- Chases overdue debts in timely fashion, reporting concerning debts to finance manager
- Runs and circulates fortnightly debt report with commentary
- Is a first point of contact for all sales invoices queries
- Extracts and presents weekly timesheet data to senior management
- Adds new project and task codes onto T@W system and maintains current data
- Is a first point of contact for all local timesheet queries
- Assists in the year-end audit process
- Assists with monthly sales analysis for UK management accounts
- Updates and maintains global finance wiki page
- Manages archiving system
- Corrects inter-company errors within SAP related to local transactions
- Provides cover for team members during vacation/illness/vacancy periods
- Trains and educates non-finance colleagues to ensure finance processes are correctly fulfilled
- Compiles ad-hoc reports and/or analysis as and when required
- Supports the Finance Manager on initiatives and projects e.g. SAP Maintenance, employee expenses, billing controls
- Is a cultural ambassador for the region: promotes initiatives, using Yammer and all social media channels to showcase our finance activity and upcoming projects etc.
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of finance systems, practices and policies
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Strong finance generalist skill set – ideal if gained within an international company which is fast moving, dynamic and creative e.g. PR, advertising, marketing, broadcast, publishing etc.
- Educated to degree level and working towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of SAP Business One v9.0
- Collaborative self starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking “outside the box” to provide solutions and solve problems
- Proven record of managing projects through to completion
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Well organised; ability to prioritise; attention to detail; a pragmatic approach
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player