Senior Content Executive
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Content Executive is a key member of the content hub, which is postioned to develop an integrated approach to all forms of content across the agency. The content xx will drive best practice across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative story telling. At its core, it will be fundamental in delivering the client’s brand and messages. The role, will act as an internal content evagalist, a client facing consultant, brand journalist and contributor to the business. Writing, producing, editing and campaign planning are integral skills for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- As a key member of the Content Hub – the role will take a lead in developing and managing content creation for the agency, with a view of ensuring that all content has the versatility to work across platform (where appropriate)
- Act as the lead and project manager for content marketing campaigns (including, developing thought leadership reports, organic and paid social short form content, website copy, creative copy, advertising copy, press releases and opinion pieces)
- Act as an account resource to draft short and long form content for clients and for internal purposes
- Provides support, advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Build knowledge of business, technology, consumer and mainstream trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Develop strategic viewpoint on content focus, to act as a content strategist for internal and external stakeholders
Team working and development
- Works with account teams to execute on content strategies for each campaign, working closely with clients, account leads and other content stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Writes compelling content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), press releases, Q&As, blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics, social media posts and more
- Participates in team meetings to ensure polished content is delivered in a timely manner and help the team generate fresh ideas during brainstorming discussions
- Works with the Head of Media Services to train junior employees on best practices for writing and reporting
- Understands client’s business goals, and translates their needs into deliverables and actions
- Interviews and develops relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Identifies creative opportunities within existing accounts, and approach problems from different perspectives
- Participates in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- Attends agency and industry events to network, build relationships and spread the word around LEWIS’ content offerings.
- Work with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals
- Participating in new business meetings to pitch content services and work with perspective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- Supports the Content and Account Servicing team on initiatives and projects
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
Knowledge and skills
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with digital marketing tools such as Sysomos, Trackrr, Google Analytics, Cision, IT Database, Marketo and Eloqua a plus
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with an English, PR, Journalism or marketing-related major)
- At least three years of PR and / or digital marketing experience
- Journalism experience is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.